Breakfast is one of the hardest meals to get right… it is also one of the most important!
If we skip breakfast we know we will have less energy
We know we will crave foods at 3pm, then after dinner
We know it slow’s our metabolism down.
So how do we make it easier to change this habit and get a good start to the day we know we need?
Try these delicious, nutritious breakfast muffins. They are jam packed with protein and veggies to help you keep going, keep focused and kick those cravings to the curb.
- 2 whole eggs + 4 cups egg whites
- ½ cup diced red capsicum
- ½ cup finely chopped spinach
- 1 cup finely chopped broccoli
- ½ cup grated cauliflower
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes chopped
- ¼ cup low fat cheese (try mozzarella, fetta or ricotta)
- ¼ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chopped chives
- Heat oven to 150 degrees
- Whisk eggs and egg whites in a bowl
- Add veggies and herbs and mix well
- Pour into a silicon muffin tray
- Sprinkle cheese on top
- Cook until cooked through (about 10 minutes)
- Let cool then pop out
Keep in an air tight container in the fridge until consumed
You can play around with the ingredients, try adding smoked salmon or ham, change the herbs and spices to your liking, try a little finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes- enjoy 😊
When you don’t have time for a cooked breakfast take 2 of these muffins to have on your way to work.
They are also a great healthy and convenient snack, can be used for morning and afternoon tea when on the go.
The whole family will love them, make sure you make enough for everyone, they will vanish before you eyes.